cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get kernel image booting XEN on ZCU102

Hi!

I want to boot XEN from the SD card. I'm following this tutorial: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/99188792/Building+Xen+Hypervisor+with+Petalinux+2019.1

I followed the steps in "Configuring and building XEN from source using PetaLinux" and copied the created BOOT.bin, image.ub, system.dtb, xen.ub and rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot in the boot partition of the SD. Then I powered on the ZCU102, stopped the autoboot and writed the command that appears in "RootFS mounted on RAM (initrd)". The image attached is what I got in the serial port.

In this other tutorial (https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841723/Booting+XEN+on+ZCU102+using+SD+card?showComments=true&showCommentArea=true) I read that I have to build Xen image using bitbake for the target, but I am not sure if I really need to do this or if the problem is another one.

I'd be glad if someone could give me any idea of what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you

Tags (3)
serie.png
0 Kudos
6 Replies
aravindb

HI alonsosara44@gmail.com 

I can see in the logs that, unbale to read the files, is that image.ub & rootfs file presnet in sdcard or not.

Can you also please copy image.ub to sdcard 1st parttion & try to load iamge using below commnds & try once. if this works then replace tftpb with fatload  command mentioned in link & use it.

ZynqMP> fatload mmc 0:1 0x10000000 image.ub

ZynqMP> booti 0x10000000 

Thanks & regards

Araivnd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hi @aravindb 

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried to load image using those commands and it worked (I had to use bootm instead of booti). Then I replaced tftpb with fatload command but I still get an error message.

Thank you,

Sara

error.png
0 Kudos
aravindb

HI alonsosara44@gmail.com 

Please use booti instead of bootm.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

0 Kudos

Hi @aravindb

When I do booti I get what you can see in the image attached.

Thank you very much,

Sara

booti.png
0 Kudos
aravindb

Hi alonsosara44@gmail.com 

Please use Image instead of image.ub, it should work.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers @aravindb.

Now I have these files (from the pre-built images) in the partition of the SD: BOOT.BIN, Image, system.dbt, xen-rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot, xen.ub.

When I try to do fatload and booti commands as you told me I get another error (image attached). I search this error in other forums and I read that I should format the SD. But I did it and the same error appears.

If I do the tftpd command of the manual I still have the error "can't get kernel image".

Thank you,

Sara

error.png
0 Kudos