UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Cannot read values from zc706 gpio leds in linux OS

I am working on zc706-fmcomms5 board. I am using the 4 gpio leds on zc706 (L, R, C, 0) for some purpose through PL. In the earlier version of kernel & device tree files (linux_2016_r2, downloaded about 2 years back), I was able to read correct values of each of these in linux os. I had to "unbind" them & then access them through "/sys/class/gpio" by exporting whichever I wanted.

Now when I upgrade my design (only kernel & device tree files) by downloading the latest "linux_master" kernel, the Leds (which are controlled by fpga) are glowing accordingly but I can't seem to get correct values in linux OS. It is always 0 even though the led is glowing.

For reference, I used the same "system_top.hdf" file to generate the Petalinux project. Then, from "linux-master" kernel, I used files

1. zynq-zc706-adv7511-ad9361-fmcomms5.dts (which I renamed to system-top.dts in petalinux device tree directory)

2. zynq-zc706-adv7511.dtsi

3. zynq-7000.dtsi

4. adi-fmcomms5.dtsi

Additionally, I included files generated by petalinux

5. system-conf.dtsi

6. skeleton.dtsi

7. pl.dtsi

8. pcw.dtsi

leds are not included by default in the petalinux created device tree so I copy pasted the "leds" node from zynq-zc706.dtsi into pl.dtsi.

So, why can't I read the led values correctly in this version.

0 Kudos