UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor martin91
Visitor

Capabilities on Xilinx Linux?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are Linux capabilities available on Xilinx Linux? I'm using a Xilinx Linux kernel 3.6.0 on a Zynq 7045.

As far as I know are capabilities a kernel configuration option, usually in the security options and they should be supported since Linux kernel 2.6., but I couldn't find this option.

thank you for you help in advance
Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor martin91
Visitor

Re: Capabilities on Xilinx Linux?

Jump to solution

Ok I've solved the problem.

If somebody has the same problem, besides compiling the libraries libcap2 and lattr for my target I had to enable the kernel option for extended attributes for my file system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor martin91
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've compiled and installed the libraries libcap2 and lattr for my system. Now I have the commands capsh, getcap, getpcaps, setcap, attr, getfattr and setfattr available. When I try to e.g. get the capabilities from a file, I get the message:

zynq> getcap /mnt/file.txt
Failed to get capabilities of file `/mnt/file.txt' (Operation not supported)

I suppose I havn't configured the kernel correctly, but so far I couldn't figure out what options i have to set exactly.
Does anyone know what options I have to take care of?

Thank you

Martin

0 Kudos
Visitor martin91
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok I've solved the problem.

If somebody has the same problem, besides compiling the libraries libcap2 and lattr for my target I had to enable the kernel option for extended attributes for my file system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos