Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thelonesquirrely
Observer
Observer

Checking versions of Xilinx Drivers

Hi,

I was looking through my dts files and they have "compatible" lines.  I couldn't find a way to check the version of a driver (most specifically the lltemac).  Am I missing it?  I was thinking it would be in the /proc/drivers/ area.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I'm no expert, but you can find it under the /proc/device-tree directory I think.

That may be the version listed in the device tree, but you know the driver must be compatible with that or it's not running.

Not exactly what you had in mind probably. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
thelonesquirrely
Observer
Observer

Looking at it I don't have much in the /proc/device-tree that is useful to me :(.  I didn't see anything telling me the version. 

The problem is that I have a custom board that is having temac troubles.  I need to verify what version of the driver is being used to see if it is simply a compatiblity problem.  What is making this difficult is the lack of UART into this build.  

What I am doing it building it for the ml507 and then trying to check the version.  If the version is somewhere in the src then I can look there too.   Once I've confirmed the version being use, i will move to the custom hw.

0 Kudos
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Maybe I'm not following, but there's the compatible list in the driver source.

You have to drill down in the device-tree dir to the bus to the device them theres a compatible that your can cat.

0 Kudos
thelonesquirrely
Observer
Observer

Ah! i see.  I didn't know you had to go down the bus path. 

So for example my lltemac drivers are at:

/proc/device-tree/plb@0/xps-ll-temac@81c00000/ethernet@81c00000

and the 'compatible' will tell me what versions my driver is compatible with, not what version it is, right?

Here is the compatible file:

% cat compatible

xlnx,xps-ll-temac-2.02.axlnx,xps-ll-temac-1.00.a

0 Kudos
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

yes, there's really not a version of the driver to some extent, but the compatible list in the driver says what h/w it's compatible with.
0 Kudos