UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Critical Warning: The board_part definition was not found for em.avnet.com:ultrazed_7ev_cc:part0:1.0

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinx, 

I'm buidling a Linux kernel with a device tree and Boot.bin for the Ultrazed-EV som board. All build which invokes the SDK hsi command ( PMU, fsbl,... ) give following warning:

CRITICAL WARNING: [Board 49-71] The board_part definition was not found for em.avnet.com:ultrazed_7ev_cc:part0:1.0. The project's board_part property was not set, but the project's part property was set to xczu7ev-fbvb900-1-i-es2. Valid board_part values can be retrieved with the 'get_board_parts' Tcl command. Check if board.repoPaths parameter is set and the board_part is installed from the tcl app store.
INFO: [Hsi 55-1698] elapsed time for repository loading 0 seconds

The message states the board definition file is not found, I get this, but I'm only using the .hdf output file given as an example project by Avnet.

Is this something you can ignore or is this really critial.  Can this be fixed with the command line or does it involve some Vivado redesign? I'm only doing the Linux boot part so it would involve another engineer. 

Thanks for your answer .

Deville

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Critical Warning: The board_part definition was not found for em.avnet.com:ultrazed_7ev_cc:part0:1.0

Jump to solution

You should be fine. The hdf will contain a .bit that has been created by vivado with the board file installed. Therefore, timing will be configured correctly, and other things like the PS will be correctly configured.

So Petalinux will be able to pull the necessary info to create a devicetree and include the appropriate drivers without needing the board file.

But I would suggest, in order to make petalinux config easier, base the Petalinux project on a petalinux BSP for the ultrazed board. I would presume there is a BSP available.

5 Replies

Re: Critical Warning: The board_part definition was not found for em.avnet.com:ultrazed_7ev_cc:part0:1.0

Jump to solution

Hi Deville

Are you able to generate HDF properly for this ultrazed board using vivado?

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @shabbirk

No, it is an Avnet .hdf file I used. Do you think the problem is part of the given .hdf file?  

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You should be fine. The hdf will contain a .bit that has been created by vivado with the board file installed. Therefore, timing will be configured correctly, and other things like the PS will be correctly configured.

So Petalinux will be able to pull the necessary info to create a devicetree and include the appropriate drivers without needing the board file.

But I would suggest, in order to make petalinux config easier, base the Petalinux project on a petalinux BSP for the ultrazed board. I would presume there is a BSP available.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@johnmcd @shabbirk  

Thank you for your answer, So I can easely ignore the warning. 

Yes, there is a BSP provided but this not seem to make my life easier. Various errors pop up when I try to build. I also want to extract the original source files, but this seems quite a hassle with Petalinux. 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Make sure the .hdf, petalinux tools, and bsp all target the same version of tools.

The original src files are primarily found in <petalinux project>/project-spec. And since you are starting with a petalinux bsp, the hardware design that the BSP was originally created for will be in <petalinux project>/hardware.

At a minimum, you could recreate the vivado IPI portion of the project by opening the .hdf as a zip file, and extracting the ..._bd.tcl file. Then in vivado, source this file. But, you will need the board files before running this step.