UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor tahoe250
Visitor

Custom HDL AXI Lite

Hello All,

I am looking for tutorial that guides through the entire flow. Meaning,  create a vivado project then create a linux image based on that hardware design.  I am trying to figure how to write an application that would access my custom HDL module through Linux.  I have already verified that my custom HDL module works through the AXI lite bus interface.  I created a bare metal application to test my custom HDL module and everything works as I expect it.  So, the next step would be doing the same through a Linux application.  Hope that makes sense.  Also,  I am currently working with vivado within Windows 10 would it make more sense to install vivado on a Linux Box?   I have gone through this tutorial:

https://github.com/Digilent/Petalinux-Zybo-Z7-20/blob/master/README.md?_ga=2.65706535.861548781.1558477480-254828324.1551742247

Basically, installed Petalinux on VM linux box.  Another thing, I had a really hard time installing Petalinux on Ubuntu 18.04.2.  I gave up and went to 16.04.4 then seems to work just fine. Not sure if I understand that one.   Any guidance would be tremendously appreciated.    

P.S I am currently working with Zybo-Z7 20 board. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Custom HDL AXI Lite

@tahoe250 

I would suggest you refer to UG1165 and its design files as a tutorial. 

And if you check Installation Requirements in UG1144, Petalinux doesn't support Ubuntu 18.04. You can find the reason in below AR.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71448.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------