Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Dallas One-Wire through Microzed ps pmod port

Hello, 

I've recently been tasked with getting a Dallas Semiconductors 1-wire thermalcouple working with a Microzed running petalinux. First of all, is this possible? or is the PS PMod port hardwired to interact with other interfaces? I've tried editing the device tree to include the 1-wire device at the gpio pin I've plugged it into, as well as activating the 1-wire linux drivers in the kernel config menu, but this does not seem to be working. The drivers load, but do not detect and register any device.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Dallas One-Wire through Microzed ps pmod port

A good first bet, is the one wire interface, needs a pull up resistor to supply the power,
https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/design/technical-documents/tutorials/1/1796.html

After that thought, out with the scope, see whats on the wire,

its a lovely easy interface to work with,
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks for your response. I've got a pull up resistor in place already. As for "out with the scope", do you mean an oscilliscope? What would I be looking for, and what does that have to do with getting Linux to recognize the device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

when u say device, i assume u mean the one wire chip.

if so the oscilloscope will tell you if you have the right communications to the device.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos