Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boshkey
Observer
Observer

Debugging Through TCF agent on Linux kerner built from source code

Dear fellows:

Recently, I'm trying to debug a linux based application through tcf agent, but errors keep occuring.

Since, the filesystem from wiki pages does not have TCF agent. I download the TCF source code from Eclipse, the version is 1.2.

TCF agent executable files is as follows:

zynq> ls
agent libtcf.a system tcf.tar tcfreg
client machine tcf tcflog valueadd

The "agent" can be executed on board, with the command:

zynq> ./agent -s 192.168.1.10:1534 -SRunning TCF agent on target boardRunning TCF agent on target board

But, as I follow the debug procedure UG1144 Section "Performing a Debug Session". Following message occurs at Xilinx SDK Software Debug Page, The photo is in the attachment:

linux_debug_config (target: Disconnected): No space left on device
Error message on Xilinx SDK when trying to connect to targetError message on Xilinx SDK when trying to connect to target

Can any body give me a hint? Any info could be helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shabbirk

Hi @boshkey

Can you please follow this user guide to debug linux user applications with TCF

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

(Debugging Applications with TCF Agent)

Also, make sure that you have the sufficient disk space in your working directory, as the error in 2nd screenshot clearly shows lack of space

Best Regards

Shabbir 

0 Kudos
boshkey
Observer
Observer

Thank you for your reply, but the guide only describe the procedure based on petalinux. 

I am wondering if it is possible to debug with TCF agent without the help of petalinux, as petalinux is not easy to download and not quite easy to use.

0 Kudos