UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Debugging linux kernel with SDK (2017.4) and JTAG issue

I can't seem to get the process list (and therefore can't debug the running processes) from the SDK.  I've attached to the CPUs and loaded the vmlinux symbol files but I keep getting "Cannot read task list. Invalid PID value"

Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Debugging linux kernel with SDK (2017.4) and JTAG issue

I never had problems with JTAG attaching to kernel (I am using XSDK 2016.4), assuming JTAG probe works OK. Attached is how my XSDK debug view looks like after attach, break and add vmlinux (build for kernel debuging) symbol file to ARM MPCores. From what you wrote, you did pretty much the same.

Have you try to see what "ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore #0" properties (right mouse click -> Properties) dumps on your system. Just to check that your JTAG probe see ARMs on JTAG link.

Attached is what I get.

Local.JTAG-Kernel-running.Debug.png
Local.JTAG-Kernel-break.Debug.png
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Debugging linux kernel with SDK (2017.4) and JTAG issue

Another doubt come through my mind:

Did you build your vmlinux kernel for debugging (CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y, CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y, ... & Co)?

0 Kudos