UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ykota
Observer

Decrease petalinux compilation time

Hi All,

I am using petalinux on Microzed board which has a zynq SOC.. Compilation takes very long. Around 10 minutes even though CPU on my machine is quite fast (with 8 cores at 3.5GHz). How do I decrease the compilation time? Any tips? 

Host OS: fedora

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar rfs613
Scholar

Re: Decrease petalinux compilation time

Do you really need to rebuild petalinux each time? Petalinux is based on yocto, so the following may help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36452798/yocto-rebuild-part-of-project

That link also mentions devtool. I have not used it, but I build all my projects with their own simple makefile. If you know how to compile "hello world" then cross-compiling it is very simple: you just use arm-linux-gcc (take a look at the petalinux build logs, to find the location of this on your fedora machine).

It should take only a few seconds to compile a moderate number of source files into an executable. Then transfer that executable to the Microzed (for example with "scp" or "rsync") and run it.

Hope this helps...
0 Kudos