UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bleinweber
Visitor

Deleting files on Compact Flash

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am currently working on getting embedded Linux up and running on a Virtex-4.  For development purposes I'm using an ML405 development board.

Once Linux is running, we were looking to use the Compact Flash card for storing user data.  Today I was playing around with a Standalone application using the XilFatFS driver.  I realized that there is no ability to delete files or remove directories with this driver.

This page says that SystemACE is supported through a Linux driver:

http://xilinx.wikidot.com/osl-sysace-driver

I haven't actually gotten to the point of configuring the kernel to recognizing the SystemACE compact flash card yet.  My question is this:  Does the Linux Driver allow you to delete files and remove directories?  Or is that some sort of hardware limitation of the SystemACE?

Is there some other location besides the link above that I can find more information on the Linux SystemACE driver?

Thank you for your replies!

-Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Deleting files on Compact Flash

Jump to solution

Hi Ben,

Yes, the OSL driver gives you full access to the CF card just like a normal block device. You can read, write, delete, etc. all files and directories.

The XilFatFS driver is a very lightweight driver that only provides basic capabilities; the Linux driver is much more full-featured.

As for extra information, the Wiki is really the best source. The driver is very straightforward to use, though, so typically it's pretty painless to set up. Please let us know if you have any specific questions about it.

Thanks,

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Ben,

Yes, the OSL driver gives you full access to the CF card just like a normal block device. You can read, write, delete, etc. all files and directories.

The XilFatFS driver is a very lightweight driver that only provides basic capabilities; the Linux driver is much more full-featured.

As for extra information, the Wiki is really the best source. The driver is very straightforward to use, though, so typically it's pretty painless to set up. Please let us know if you have any specific questions about it.

Thanks,

Rob

View solution in original post

Visitor bleinweber
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply! 

You've alleviated a big fear! I’ll be trying to get the driver working from my distribution of Linux now.

I’ll let you know if anything else comes up and again, thanks!

-Ben

0 Kudos