Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Device tree modification to access to BRAM in PL

Hello all,

Do I need to modify the device tree (DTB) to access from Linux to two different BRAMs programmed in the PL? I'm using Zynq, an the access is done through M_AXI_GPx.

I have implemented a ping-pong buffering method in the PL in order to read frames from a camera, but when I try to access to these BRAMs, Linux crashes and I don't know the reason. I use mmap in linux to access to these BRAMs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Have you tried to verify the h/w is working before running the Linux app?  I would run something in standalone mode first to verify that the h/w design up and running and working.  Or from Linux command line you could use devmem to try to read/write the memory.

The device tree is up to you as it depends on what you're doing.  A device driver typically reads the values from the device tree and then would ioremap the address so that it can access the memory.  It sounds like right now you may just be using an app to get to the memory.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,
Iam using dev/mem for accessing BRAM through Linux. I want to read and write to Bram. I created block diagram in vivado and also generated the boot files accordingly. While compiling the memory map c++ program on zcu102 I did not get any errors. Object file got generated. But while executing that object file not giving me any out on gtk terminal. Instead it is sticking there. Btw, I did not changed anything in my .dtb file . Is it mandatory to change anything? If not can you give the solution for this!!
0 Kudos