UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Does ZCU102 Linux support PCIE?

Highlighted
Observer

Re: Does ZCU102 Linux support PCIE?

Your log indicates to me that the PCIe card is being enumerated appropriately. I have observed that PCIe seems to fall under the PCI subsystem in linux.

A few questions that might help your debugging:

What is the output of lspci?

Are you sure your kernel has been built with support for the NIC in question? (It will enumerate for PCI/PCIe subsystem regardless if there is driver support for the NIC.) I would check enabled device drivers under Network Devices in kernel config.

(It will enumerate for PCI/PCIe subsystem regardless if there is driver support for the NIC - I would check enabled device drivers under Network Devices in kernel config.) Can you attach a full boot log after a successful enumeration (as seen in

Can you attach a full boot log after a successful enumeration (as seen in previous snippet)?

Also - the PCW settings are used during code generation of the FSBL. So - if you change PCW settings related to PCIe, you need to either have a FSBL that has those settings already integrated or you need to rebuild the FSBL. It is also possible for these settings to get integrated into u-boot (or to have a u-boot that has the correct settings.)

For my custom HW, I had to change the PCW settings - see my other post here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Zynq-UltraScale-PCIe-Root-Port-Lessons-Learned/td-p/766426

Good luck / have fun :)

Observer

Re: Does ZCU102 Linux support PCIE?

Also - I forgot to mention - my linux distro is based on the linux-xlnx branch and is *not* petalinux - so that does indeed work.