cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error Rebuild Petalinux project

Hi, im trying to rebuild the petalinux project from : 

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841949/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Accelerated+Image+Classification+via+Binary+Neural+Network+TechTip

I have the .hdf from the project done and i did the petalinux-config. When i tried to do the petalinux-build i found an error :

petalinux-build
[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Parsing recipes: 100% |##################################################################| Time: 0:02:16
Parsing of 2552 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2552 parsed). 3441 targets, 139 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

WARNING: No recipes available for: /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree-generation.bbappend NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies Initialising tasks: 100% |###############################################################| Time: 0:00:16 Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |#######################################| Time: 0:00:06 NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16546) ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16546 Log data follows: | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile | /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/system-top.dts:31:28: fatal error: system-user.dtsi: No such file or directory | compilation terminated. | WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command. | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16546) ERROR: Task (/opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1' NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2986 tasks of which 2961 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed. Summary: 1 task failed: /opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown. Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code. ERROR: Failed to build project Makefile:6: recipe for target 'build' failed make: *** [build] Error 255

Im using Petalinux 2018 and i think that this project its from Petalinux 2017.3. I dont know if this can be a problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Error Rebuild Petalinux project

Hi @francocapraro12,

Could you please try creating project in v2018.x and build instead of v2017.3? 

Regards

kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @gudishak .

thats what i did. I used Petalinux 2018.x to create and build using the project of the Link. 

If you see in the link:

6.1 Requirements

• Xilinx Licenses for Vivado 2017.3
• Xilinx Tool Installations for Vivado + Vivado HLS version 2017.3 and Petalinux tool version 2017.3
• SD card with at least 8GB (16GB recommended)

So maybe this can be the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @francocapraro12,

You can get the tools from below Xilinx portal to build your v2017.3 project,

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools/archive.html

otherwise please upgrade to v2018.2 for latest one with fixes which might have found in earlier versions.

Regards
Kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
0 Kudos