Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Error in Loading ramdisk: too large

Jump to solution

Hi ,

After I added qt library at my rootfs, the image.ub size was over 256 MB. I refered to below link and tried to increase the CONFIG_SYS_BOOTM_LEN variable to 0x2000000.  Unfortunately, it still loaded ramdisk error. 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Error-in-Loading-Kernel-Image-too-large/td-p/814642

Screenshot from 2019-08-20 16-05-14.png

platform.PNG

Are there any methods to fix it?

Thanks,

Sitting

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I found some files were lost after extracting the rootfs.tar.gz. Therefore, I prepared other usb to sd adapter and there were no file lost durning extarcting rootfs.tar.gz. Finally, zcu104 can bootup well.

Thanks,

Sitting

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi @sitting 

Can you please refer to this forum link for other possible ways to overcome the issue

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/After-Increase-the-QT5-library-the-image-ub-size-becomes-larger/td-p/779435

Explorer
Explorer

Hi @shabbirk ,

I followed the link you mentioned, zcu104 booted up well. I also reduced ramdisk size and compared the difference of initramfs boot and sd(ext4) boot, and then found some drivers weren't loaded with sd(ext4) boot and initramfs boot has no problem. How do I fix sd(ext4) boot issue?

PS. The attached are initramfs log and sd(ext4) log. 

Thanks,

Sitting

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I found some files were lost after extracting the rootfs.tar.gz. Therefore, I prepared other usb to sd adapter and there were no file lost durning extarcting rootfs.tar.gz. Finally, zcu104 can bootup well.

Thanks,

Sitting

View solution in original post

0 Kudos