UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Error in ruby-native build

Jump to solution

I am trying to follow reference design of xilinx (Zynq UltraScale MPSoC Base TRD 2017.2 - Design Module 1).

I followed mentioned steps, now I am trying to build the provided project using "petalinux-build"

However I faced currently an error

"ERROR: ruby-native-2.2.5-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed"

I have no other clue how to handle this error as it is my first time working with Petalinux.

I check log files of building ruby and I found the following

Unbenannt_2.PNG

I hope someone can help to figure out what is the problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Error in ruby-native build

Jump to solution

To overcome this problem go to

<petalinux_inst_dir>/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-devtools/ruby/

then open this file "ruby_2.2.5.bb" and add the mentioned (highlighted) option in the shown section

Unbenannt_3.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi 

Can you please let me know what petalinux steps you have followed to build the project?

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@shabbirk

Actually it is only one step that I have followed so far which is "petalinux-build"

(it is available in this link)

I tried to search online, some forums advise to disable making the rdoc in Ruby. This can be done when installing Ruby by directing the configuration using the option "

RUBY_CONFIGURE_OPTS=--disable-install-rdoc

"

What I want to do now is to know how petalinux is building Ruby. I mean I want to know where exactly can I define the mentioned option to control configuration of Ruby.

It is my first time working with petalinux so I don't know from where the make files are invoked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

To overcome this problem go to

<petalinux_inst_dir>/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-devtools/ruby/

then open this file "ruby_2.2.5.bb" and add the mentioned (highlighted) option in the shown section

Unbenannt_3.PNG

0 Kudos