Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Error in ruby-native build

Jump to solution

I am trying to follow reference design of xilinx (Zynq UltraScale MPSoC Base TRD 2017.2 - Design Module 1).

I followed mentioned steps, now I am trying to build the provided project using "petalinux-build"

However I faced currently an error

"ERROR: ruby-native-2.2.5-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed"

I have no other clue how to handle this error as it is my first time working with Petalinux.

I check log files of building ruby and I found the following

Unbenannt_2.PNG

I hope someone can help to figure out what is the problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

To overcome this problem go to

<petalinux_inst_dir>/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-devtools/ruby/

then open this file "ruby_2.2.5.bb" and add the mentioned (highlighted) option in the shown section

Unbenannt_3.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi 

Can you please let me know what petalinux steps you have followed to build the project?

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@shabbirk

Actually it is only one step that I have followed so far which is "petalinux-build"

(it is available in this link)

I tried to search online, some forums advise to disable making the rdoc in Ruby. This can be done when installing Ruby by directing the configuration using the option "

RUBY_CONFIGURE_OPTS=--disable-install-rdoc

"

What I want to do now is to know how petalinux is building Ruby. I mean I want to know where exactly can I define the mentioned option to control configuration of Ruby.

It is my first time working with petalinux so I don't know from where the make files are invoked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

To overcome this problem go to

<petalinux_inst_dir>/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-devtools/ruby/

then open this file "ruby_2.2.5.bb" and add the mentioned (highlighted) option in the shown section

Unbenannt_3.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos