UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Error when buiding Petalinux with a Yocto layer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to add the layer meta-oe to the petalinux. To this end, I've followed the instructions described here. But, when I build the project, I always receive the following message: 

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/administrador/Documents/petaboots/oA_LISN4kv2_boot/components/ext_source/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/zile/zile_2.4.14.bb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/meta/classes/base.bbclass", line 375, in __anon_656__opt_petalinux_components_yocto_source_arm_layers_core_meta_classes_base_bbclass(d=<bb.data_smart.DataSmart object at 0x7f5b658077f0>):
             pkgconfig = (d.getVar('PACKAGECONFIG', True) or "").split()
    >        pn = d.getVar("PN", True)

File "/opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 569, in DataSmart.getVar(var='PACKAGECONFIG', expand=True, noweakdefault=False, parsing=False):
         def getVar(self, var, expand, noweakdefault=False, parsing=False):
    >        return self.getVarFlag(var, "_content", expand, noweakdefault, parsing)

File "/opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 737, in DataSmart.getVarFlag(var='PACKAGECONFIG', flag='_content', expand=True, noweakdefault=False, parsing=False):
                     cachename = var + "[" + flag + "]"
    >            value = self.expand(value, cachename)

File "/opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 410, in DataSmart.expand(s=" ${@bb.utils.filter('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'acl', d)}", varname='PACKAGECONFIG'):
         def expand(self, s, varname = None):
    >        return self.expandWithRefs(s, varname).value

File "/opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 400, in DataSmart.expandWithRefs(s=" ${@bb.utils.filter('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'acl', d)}", varname='PACKAGECONFIG'):
                 except Exception as exc:
    >                raise ExpansionError(varname, s, exc) from exc

bb.data_smart.ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable PACKAGECONFIG, expression was  ${@bb.utils.filter('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'acl', d)} which triggered exception AttributeError: module 'bb.utils' has no attribute 'filter'

I've tried with other layers obtaining the same result, which means I'm skipping some step. Any clue?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Error when buiding Petalinux with a Yocto layer

Jump to solution

Ok, I see what happens. The layer meta-openembedded have to match the version of poky used by Petalinux. In my case, I'm using Petalinux 2017.4, which uses the version 1.4.4. The correct branch of meta-openembedded is krogoth, that can be found here. However, Petalinux already stores the correct versions in /opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-oe, so it's not needed to add them from external sources.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Error when buiding Petalinux with a Yocto layer

Jump to solution

Ok, I see what happens. The layer meta-openembedded have to match the version of poky used by Petalinux. In my case, I'm using Petalinux 2017.4, which uses the version 1.4.4. The correct branch of meta-openembedded is krogoth, that can be found here. However, Petalinux already stores the correct versions in /opt/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-oe, so it's not needed to add them from external sources.

0 Kudos