cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Error while building PetaLinux (Failed to detect Package Architecture)

Hi!

I want to implement PetaLinux on a ML509 board. In order to do that I already created the platforms etc. and now wanted to build the whole project (fs-boot). But at perhaps the half way it returns me the following error:

[INFO ] Saving previous build.log
[INFO ] Building ucfront tool
[INFO ] Building kernel
[INFO ] Building kernel modules
[INFO ] Building include
[INFO ] Building rootfs
[ERROR]  ERROR: Failed to detect package architecture
make[1]: *** [/home/User/petalinux-v2013.04-final-full/software/petalinux-dist/.stage.apt/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/apt.conf] Error 255
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
Done!

I have PetaLinux SDK integrated in the XSDK. I have no idea what that error means, i am not that experienced with Linux Systems. Anybody has a clue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello

Can you put the output of 'build.log' archive? (cat build.log p/e), and what linux distro you use to compile petalinux, maybe fedora?, ubuntu?

/* Don't forget to give kudos and/or accept as a solution */
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I found out the solution to the problem. The error was returned because the script was not able to detect the CPU architecture. The reason of that seemed to be a wrong EDK and PetaLinux version combination. I switched to PetaLinux 12.12 and now it is working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

[ALL  ] ./scan-architecture.sh -mxl-soft-mul -mcpu=v9.5
[ERROR] ERROR: Failed to detect package architecture. Actual ARCH: -mxl-soft-mul -mcpu=v9.5.
[ALL  ] Minimum requirements: -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.30.a

Same problem. What to do ? ubuntu 14.04 64x, petalinux 2015.2 , vivado 2015.2

0 Kudos