UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor doeminick
Visitor

Error while building PetaLinux (Failed to detect Package Architecture)

Hi!

I want to implement PetaLinux on a ML509 board. In order to do that I already created the platforms etc. and now wanted to build the whole project (fs-boot). But at perhaps the half way it returns me the following error:

[INFO ] Saving previous build.log
[INFO ] Building ucfront tool
[INFO ] Building kernel
[INFO ] Building kernel modules
[INFO ] Building include
[INFO ] Building rootfs
[ERROR]  ERROR: Failed to detect package architecture
make[1]: *** [/home/User/petalinux-v2013.04-final-full/software/petalinux-dist/.stage.apt/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/apt.conf] Error 255
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
Done!

I have PetaLinux SDK integrated in the XSDK. I have no idea what that error means, i am not that experienced with Linux Systems. Anybody has a clue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Error while building PetaLinux (Failed to detect Package Architecture)

Hello

Can you put the output of 'build.log' archive? (cat build.log p/e), and what linux distro you use to compile petalinux, maybe fedora?, ubuntu?

/* Don't forget to give kudos and/or accept as a solution */
0 Kudos
Visitor doeminick
Visitor

I found out the solution to the problem. The error was returned because the script was not able to detect the CPU architecture. The reason of that seemed to be a wrong EDK and PetaLinux version combination. I switched to PetaLinux 12.12 and now it is working.

0 Kudos
Visitor aronzx
Visitor

[ALL  ] ./scan-architecture.sh -mxl-soft-mul -mcpu=v9.5
[ERROR] ERROR: Failed to detect package architecture. Actual ARCH: -mxl-soft-mul -mcpu=v9.5.
[ALL  ] Minimum requirements: -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.30.a

Same problem. What to do ? ubuntu 14.04 64x, petalinux 2015.2 , vivado 2015.2

0 Kudos