UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ethernet TSN does not get IP

Hi all,

I am making a project in PetaLinux 2018.3, with the TSN IP Core. The Linux kernel works well, but I am having some problems with the TSN Ethernet port. The strage problem is that even though the system is able to detect when the Ethernet cable is connected, is not able to get IP from the router.

root@test_6:~# xilinx_axienet 43c00000.tsn_emac_0 eth1: Link is Down
xilinx_axienet 43c00000.tsn_emac_0 eth1: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

root@test_6:~# udhcpc -i eth1
udhcpc (v1.24.1) started
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...

In the case of the interface eth0, which is normal Ethernet, it works correctly, so it must be some problem with the TSN.

I have checked the file /etc/network/interfaces, that has the correct configuration.

# Wired or wireless interfaces
auto eth1
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth1 inet dhcp

What else can it be? Does the kernel need any further configuration than the one that the meta-xilinx-tsn layer makes during the PetaLinux build?

Thanks in advance

Alex

0 Kudos