Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
granieriandrea
Visitor
Visitor

FSL access with Petalinux, "illegal istruction"

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am working with Petalinux loaded on a Spartan 6.

I have successfully connected the device FSL to the microbalze by XPS. Then I wrote a simple program in the SDK to access reading into memory, using putfsl and getfsl functions defined in fsl.h. The test was a success.

Now I have uploaded the program on Petalinux, even going to include the header file string.h fsl, but my problem is that I get "Illegal instruction" after  my code execution.

Can you help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

The stream instructions are priviledge instructions when running on a MicroBlaze with Linux. This means these instructions can't not execute in userspace. If you want to use these instructions, you will need to execute these instructions in kernel space.

I recommend to write a driver that the user/application accesses to execute these instructions.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

The stream instructions are priviledge instructions when running on a MicroBlaze with Linux. This means these instructions can't not execute in userspace. If you want to use these instructions, you will need to execute these instructions in kernel space.

I recommend to write a driver that the user/application accesses to execute these instructions.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos