Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliezer
Explorer
Explorer

FTP Client in Petalinux

Jump to solution

I am not trying to set up an FTP server on my board, I am trying to access an external FTP server from the command line on my board.

Unlike other Linux installations, it seems that my Petalinux build does not have access to the FTP command.

Is there something I can include in the rootfs configuration to enable this command?

Using Petalinux 2019.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eliezer
Explorer
Explorer

I found the answer. There is no "ftp" command for Petalinux, but "ftpget" from Busybox seems to handle the client-side needs for FTP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shabbirk

Hi @eliezer 

You will have to enable FTP support from busybox utils. Please refer to the below forum thread on the details:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/ftp-not-working-in-2019-petalinux-pre-built-linux-on-Zynq-zc706/td-p/1031437

Let us know if still have any issues

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
eliezer
Explorer
Explorer

That thread appears to be about an FTP server, not a client. They reference using FTP "from their windows system".

Additionally, that thread doesn't have an answer for FTP, the poster gave up and used SFTP instead.

0 Kudos
eliezer
Explorer
Explorer

I found the answer. There is no "ftp" command for Petalinux, but "ftpget" from Busybox seems to handle the client-side needs for FTP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rfs613
Scholar
Scholar

Another option is the busybox wget command (source code), which supports FTP, HTTP, and (if configured) HTTPS.

wget ftp://servername/path/to/file