UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gee
Visitor

From quadros to Petalinux

Hi,

I noticed at first my message (this message) was placed in the wrong page in Xilinx forum, I'm sorry. 

I am new to this embedded linux and wanted to learn more and more.

If anyone eager to help me shade some light, I'm very much thankful.

Here is the situation:

1. The board has ZYNQ XC7Z020 cpu, loaded with working firmware and using quadros OS coded in DS-5. Lots of functionalities, like I2C, USB OTG, UART, ETHERNET, GPIO (MIO/EMIO), etc.

2. I want to get rid of quadros OS. But retain all functionalities.

3. Instead of quadros OS, I'm going to use Petalinux.

4. My first search result of retaining functionalities was to code everything in User level driver (UIO).

Questions:

1. Should writing UIO level driver the best method of retaining those functionalities and for production purposes?

2. There are some timing critical in the firmware, can UIO handle it?

3. I stumbled on this site while searching http://blog.idv-tech.com/2014/02/26/zedboard-linux-freertos-amp-board-bringup-guide/, can it be applied to my situation?

4. Can I create an application using xilinx SDK, generate an .elf and put it in my petalinux board? If yes, where to put the .elf file?

5. If only UIO, is there any tool to speed up the UIO development? I've searched the internet and can't find anything like an IDE with petalinux or similar.

Thanks in advance

Gee 

0 Kudos