UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hcpizzi
Visitor

GL error: armsoc_dri.so and xlnx_dri.so

I'm trying to run a GL app on a ZCU102 (board rev 1.1) and PetaLinux/SDK 2018.3.

As soon as the app makes a GL call, I get the following error:

libGL error: unable to load driver: xlnx_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: xlnx

It looks like at that time /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so is loaded too. Which leads me to believe that this previous error during X initialization is the real cause:

[   138.692] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/armsoc_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/armsoc_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[   138.692] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

In any case, I can't find anywhere either armsoc_dri.so or xlnx_dri.so.

For the record, I don't have one of the supported monitors. I had to initialize X like in this post so that I could get past the call to XOpenDisplay. In my monitor, with an active DP to HDMI adapter, I can see the console cursor blinking while the board boots up, but then it freezes. The monitor is active, and reports a correct 1920x1200 60Hz signal, and the X log shows the correct monitor model and all the resolutions and refresh rates it supports, but nothing shows up and startx fails with an assert

Assertion `key->initialized' failed

Hope this is enough information so you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

7 Replies
Visitor hcpizzi
Visitor

Re: GL error: armsoc_dri.so and xlnx_dri.so

OK, so I figured that you can't use GLX, instead you have to use EGL on the device.

This got me further, and my app now loads libMali.so, which i don't think it was doing before.

Now eglCreateWindowSurface fails with error EGL_BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW, which I guess is related to the way I'm initializing the X system.

0 Kudos

Hi @hcpizzi,

Yes you need use EGL, take a look on tricube application specified in UG1209. We have a recipe and X11 based OpenGL application which uses MALI-400 libraries.

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor hcpizzi
Visitor

Thank you, I couldn't find the source code for that demo, but with the debugger I was able to confirm it was using EGL as well.

The final EGL error was caused by a bug in our code, and the fact that I was linking against libEGL and libEGLv2, instead of libMali. Once I fixed those two things it worked.

0 Kudos

Hi @hcpizzi,

If you refer UG1209 https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1209-embedded-design-tutorial.pdf page 163 you can click on "reference design files" so you can donwload the application and recipe.

I have added the same link below.

https://www.xilinx.com/cgi-bin/docs/ctdoc?cid=54fdb4d3-f267-4986-ae73-1c66c2c100f2;d=ug1209-embedded-design-tutorial.zip 

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor hcpizzi
Visitor

Thank you @sandeepg,

Now I have a different problem. It's not related to this, but maybe you can help me.

I'm creating a system using ubuntu 16.04. It uses xorg-server 1.18.4, with video driver ABI version 20.0. I've tried using armsoc_drv.so from the image created by PetaLinux 2018.3, but that uses xorg-server 1.19.3, with an incompatible video driver ABI version 23.0. After a lot of trial and error, I've managed to build the driver with the correct version of xorg-server, but to do so I've modified the recipes in my PetaLinux install. I guess there's got to be a more elegant way to achieve this at the project level, am I right?

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Observer anujvaishnav
Observer

Hi @hcpizzi 

Can you tell me how you got xorg-server with the right drivers and version? It would be of great help as I am running into the same issue. 

Many thanks,

Anuj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor hcpizzi
Visitor

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help you. I'm still using one of the Ubuntu images from one of Xilinx's samples. My idea, that I didn't have time to try, was to build the xorg server from the petalinux sources, and drop that on top of Ubuntu base.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

0 Kudos