cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserJB
Visitor
Visitor

Getting started on an ZU11EG ZU19EG

I'm brand new to all of this.  I need to get PetaLinux working on a third party board which contains this SOC (as it appears in the schematic):

Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSOC ZU11EG ZU19EG

I don't have actual hardware at the moment, so I will have to run on the emulator (Qemu).  I'm trying to follow the instructions in the PetaLinx Tools Documentation.  I'm getting stuck at the very beginning of the process work flow.  After creating the project like this

petalinux-create --type project --template zynqMP --name test

The next step is:

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<PATH-TO-HDF/XSA DIRECTORY>

What is the path to the HDF/XSA directory?  What is supposed to be in that directory?  How do I create the contents of that directory?  Do I need to download something?  Is there documentation that describes this?  What is HDF/XSA?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shabbirk

Hi @UserJB 

To start with, follow this user guide on petalinux (Refer section: Creating a Project) that describes both BSP and HDF flow of creating petalinux project:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1082-zynq-eth.pdf

HDF/XSA is a design file created from Xilinx's vivado tool targeting in your case (zu11eg, zu19eg part numbers).

You can import this hdf/xsa file in petalinux using the steps described in above UG1144 and then build the project.

There is also a chapter on "Booting a PetaLinux Image on QEMU" that describes qemu boot using petalinux

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos