UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

GnuPG in petalinux 2016.4

Jump to solution

Hello,

In the petalinux 2016.4 installation directory I see something resembling a recipe for GnuPG:

petalinux-v2016.4/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/meta/recipes-support/gnupg/gnupg_2.1.11.bb

How is one supposed to enable this recipe so gpg gets installed in my rootfs?

Maarten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: GnuPG in petalinux 2016.4

Jump to solution

Hi

Since petalinux 2016.4 is based out of yocto build system, you can try the following way to add gnupg package:

I could see gnupg related code resides in the below path:

components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/meta/recipes-support/gnupg/gnupg_2.1.11.bb

Normally, In meta-petalinux, packagegroup-petalinux.bb contains the information about all the packages being built for each architecture.

Lets add the desired package at the end of ZYNQ_EXTRAS, which you can find in below path:

components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-petalinux/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-petalinux.bb

Please give the above try and let me know if it works for you.

Best Regards

Shabbir

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi

Since petalinux 2016.4 is based out of yocto build system, you can try the following way to add gnupg package:

I could see gnupg related code resides in the below path:

components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/meta/recipes-support/gnupg/gnupg_2.1.11.bb

Normally, In meta-petalinux, packagegroup-petalinux.bb contains the information about all the packages being built for each architecture.

Lets add the desired package at the end of ZYNQ_EXTRAS, which you can find in below path:

components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-petalinux/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-petalinux.bb

Please give the above try and let me know if it works for you.

Best Regards

Shabbir

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Scholar vanmierlo
Scholar

Jump to solution

That seems to work :)

It feels a bit odd to have to modify files in the petalinux 2016.4 installation. Maybe one can do something like ZYNQ_EXTRAS += "gnupg" in some .bb file as well. I'm still open for suggestions on that.

But after I edited packagegroup-petalinux.bb as described and ran petalinux-config -c rootfs I could now select gnupg.

Thanks,

Maarten

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

You can do this by editing the "<plnx-proj-root>/project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-core/i
mages/petalinux-image.bbappend" file in your project. See the "Adding a Recipe from the Layers in SDk which are
not in petalinux-image.bb" section of UG1144, "PetaLinux Tools Documentation Reference Guide".

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Add this line to  <petalinux-project>/project-spec/meta-user/conf/layer.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append +=" gnupg"

0 Kudos