UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Framebuffer Design can't initialize X11

Hi,

I am using the HDMI Framebuffer example design (2018.3) for the ZCU102 found in This Link.

It builds successfully and works as expected with the example application (pass-through), however, I want to use this design as a starting point for a project that takes the input video from HDMI Rx, does some processing with the gpu and sends it back to HDMI Tx, but in order to use the GPU I need to enable the X11 (all the options to use the Mali without the X11 did not work so far).

When I include the X11 packages to the petalinux build and try to initialize it using the commands:

$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
$ /usr/bin/Xorg -depth 16 &
$ tricube

The X11 initializes normally when I try to output to displayport, but when I try to output to the HDMI, it fails to initialize.

I select which output is going to be throught the Option "DRICard" "1/2" in the xorg.conf (that's how they do it in the TRD).

Is there any modification that's needed to the HDMI Framebuffer design in order to make the X11 initialize?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: HDMI Framebuffer Design can't initialize X11

My evaluation license is expiring and I need to know if I can run the X11 in that design so we can decide whether to purchase those cores or not.

Can any xilinx employee tell me that at all?

0 Kudos