UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get Petalinux 2017.x to pull from the latest recipes for morty?

As a fix for the recent "Krack" WPA2 Wi-FI security bug, the OpenEmbedded community patched the recipe for wpa-supplicant in the Yocto morty distribution, which is what Petalinux 2017.x is based on. The recipe's been updated and the patch file posted, but Petalinux pulls from the local repository so it doesn't see it.  Is there a way to get Petalinux to pull this recipe down "live" from Git as opposed to sourcing it from its own installation copy?  Or do I need to download the patch manually and create a .bbappend in the meta-user layer?  (I'd prefer not to do it this way as it's not "clean")...

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: How do I get Petalinux 2017.x to pull from the latest recipes for morty?

Hello Andrew

Try to manually create the "recipe-connectivity/wpa-supplicant" in petalinux's project-spec/meta-user directory

(mkdir -p recipe-connectivity//wpa-supplicant)

And copy the relevant files/patches and bbappend file and then build.

See if this package is created in build/downloads, once the build finishes

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I get Petalinux 2017.x to pull from the latest recipes for morty?

Hi Shabbir,

I was able to download the .patch file and create a .bbappend in the meta-user/recipes-connectivity directory that did the job.  No issues building the image.  I was just hoping for a way to instruct Petalinux to pull this recipe down from the latest morty sources automatically without having to go through this step.

Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos