cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tscbailey
Contributor
Contributor

How do you change U-Boot Environment settings in PetaLinux 2020.2

I am trying to take a board that I had running in PetalInux 2018.3 and get it running on PetaLinux 2020.2. This board boots via RAMFS resident on QSPI .

As part of the process, I am trying to modify some U-Boot environment settings. Unfortunately, this has led to a rabbit hole of problems as follows:

- I've seen some message traffic that indicates that I need to add the changes in the form of the the CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS to platform-top.h.

- platform-top.h file does not exist unless I set Auto Config Settings for u-boot.

- Setting Auto Config for U-Boot causes my U-Boot compiles to fail. The failures are unresolved externals that seem due to my board not having USB or I2C devices.

- I can edit the U-Boot configuration to remove PCA95xx GPIO devices and insuring that there are no MASS USB storage commands included in the U-Boot build.  This allows me to compile U-Boot. 

- The image that I produced boots but any access to the QSPI module fails.  (The action hangs and ctl-C causes a DMA Error 0x0 to appear on the console.) 

I am now back to where I started and no closer to modifying my environment.

Anyone have some suggestions as to where I may want to change my approach?

I'm not sure if it is because of my lack of familiarity, but U-Boot in PetaLinux 2020.2 seems a disaster. 

Thanks,

Doug Bailey 

0 Kudos
0 Replies