UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to Create a Device Tree (starting in 14.4 was removed from SDK as a BSP)

For our zc706 based board, having created our own fsbl.elf now we need to create our own devicetree.dts but the instructions in the www.wiki.xilinx.com

Build+Device+Tree+Blob

appear to be obsoleted by the information below, so how do we generate our devicetree.dts ???

http://xilinx.wikidot.com/device-tree-generator

Now (starting in 14.4, 12/20/12) the device tree repository does not include the paths which are required for the SDK to find it as a BSP.

dogbytes
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to Create a Device Tree (starting in 14.4 was removed from SDK as a BSP)

No, it's the other way around. http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+Device+Tree+Blob is supposed to have the current information.

Please, let us know if the instructions don't work.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to Create a Device Tree (starting in 14.4 was removed from SDK as a BSP)

In Step 6 below, it is okay up to File->New->Board Support Package.  Then a dialog box pops up.  Under the Board Suupport Package OS section, standalone, is highlighted and there is no way to select anything else.  There is no entry for device-tree.  There is a Finish button.

My coworker has tried 14.5, and I have just tried, Xilinx EDK 14.6 Build EDK_P.68d

6. Create a Device Tree Board Support Package (BSP):

SDK Menu: File > New > Board Support Package > Board Support Package OS: device-tree > Finish
dogbytes
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Here is the screenshot attached.

dogbytes
Screenshot from 2013-10-15 10:50:50.png
0 Kudos

I'm working on the Linux project and was able to create the device tree. The key is to add repository and then you will have an option device-tree for the BSP. The repository path must be in the format "<bsp_repo>\bsp\device-tree_v0_00_x\data". The data directory contains two files obtain from the xilinx-linux git cloning, device-tree_v2_1_0.mld and device-tree_v2_1_0.tcl. The path to the repository is just <bsp_repo>, (Xilinx Tools->Repository->Add Local Repository),the tool expects directory bsp to work properly.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

My coworker had to select the ReScan repository button after adding it.

dogbytes
0 Kudos