cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How to Create a Device Tree (starting in 14.4 was removed from SDK as a BSP)

For our zc706 based board, having created our own fsbl.elf now we need to create our own devicetree.dts but the instructions in the www.wiki.xilinx.com

Build+Device+Tree+Blob

appear to be obsoleted by the information below, so how do we generate our devicetree.dts ???

http://xilinx.wikidot.com/device-tree-generator

Now (starting in 14.4, 12/20/12) the device tree repository does not include the paths which are required for the SDK to find it as a BSP.

dogbytes
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

No, it's the other way around. http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+Device+Tree+Blob is supposed to have the current information.

Please, let us know if the instructions don't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

In Step 6 below, it is okay up to File->New->Board Support Package.  Then a dialog box pops up.  Under the Board Suupport Package OS section, standalone, is highlighted and there is no way to select anything else.  There is no entry for device-tree.  There is a Finish button.

My coworker has tried 14.5, and I have just tried, Xilinx EDK 14.6 Build EDK_P.68d

6. Create a Device Tree Board Support Package (BSP):

SDK Menu: File > New > Board Support Package > Board Support Package OS: device-tree > Finish
dogbytes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Here is the screenshot attached.

dogbytes
Screenshot from 2013-10-15 10:50:50.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm working on the Linux project and was able to create the device tree. The key is to add repository and then you will have an option device-tree for the BSP. The repository path must be in the format "<bsp_repo>\bsp\device-tree_v0_00_x\data". The data directory contains two files obtain from the xilinx-linux git cloning, device-tree_v2_1_0.mld and device-tree_v2_1_0.tcl. The path to the repository is just <bsp_repo>, (Xilinx Tools->Repository->Add Local Repository),the tool expects directory bsp to work properly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

My coworker had to select the ReScan repository button after adding it.

dogbytes
0 Kudos