UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

How to configure usb as host mode

When I built a Linux system using the ZYNQ series development board, I found that usb0 on the PS side could not be configured as host mode. The initial suspicion is that there is a problem with the devicetree file. The devicetree source code is generated by the SDK, and some code has been modified on the reference wiki.The following picture shows the modification method provided by the wiki.

1.JPG

The Kernel Configuration section has been configured as shown above, the system-top.dts, pcw.dtsi, zynq-7000.dtsi, generated by the SDK I have uploaded。I don't think I need to modify the contents of zynq-7000.dtsi, just configure the mode to host mode in pcw.dtsi.Modify as shown below

捕获.JPG
The result is unsuccessful and the rest of the functionality is normal. I want to ask if it is because the factors in the picture below cannot be successful. And how do I modify the device tree to configure the USB to host mode.
3.JPG
. Dts files could not be uploaded, so I converted them to c files
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How to configure usb as host mode

Hi @yangkejian

Can you please add below changes in your system-user.dtsi file.

vim project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi

/include/ "system-conf.dtsi"
/ {
};
&usb0 {
status = "okay";
dr_mode = "host";
};

Looks your kernel configurations are proper.

Please refer this link for USB host mode jumper settings (page no:23)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc702_zvik/ug850-zc702-eval-bd.pdf

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos