UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to create a linux application that uses BSP libraries.

Jump to solution

I have been working on evaluating the ZCU111 board that comes with an GUI app and after going through the schematics, understanding  the way they the hardware was designed, plotting FFTs for external and internal signals, now I am in the process to evaluate the linux rftool application and I want to use the rftool software in sdk to start working with RFDC API.

To reach this point I did the following:

- Build the project in vivado, get Bitstream file, export the hdf.

- Use Petalinux to create project, add the hdf, use the bsp file that comes with the tool, add some C++ libs, dropbear, config  the rootfs, create the SDK sysroot for linux apps, config the kernel,  build and create image for the SD.

Everything works, but now I am trying to use SDK to build the rftool application that I got from petalinux and does  not work,  I am  not sure what steps to follow as I have tried 2 ways.

First.

- From vivado  launching SDK, create the BSP files then copy all the .h and .c files to the src folder but doing this I am missing libraries from the sysroot because I my goal is to create a linux application not a baremetal. I tried to add the sysroot libraries I create in petalinux but the compiler yelled at me because 2 libraries (one from baremetal and  the other from the sysroot) implement the same function.

Second.

- In SDK create a linux application, using the sysroot and toolchain from petalinux but now I am missing the libmetal and some other libraries that comes in the BSP, I tried to reference those libraries after I created linux app but nothing happen and I am getting a lot of errors because I don't have those drivers.

I went through this forum https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/SDK-import-application-include-bsp-or-create-a-new-bsp/m-p/794744#M43012  and followed their suggestion but it is not working yet.

I am not posting the compilation error yet because I want to make sure I am doing the right way (what xilinx would recommend) to work with linux applications that calls baremetal functions.

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to create a linux application that uses BSP libraries.

Jump to solution

Have a look at the wiki here, it shows how to create and debug linux app in SDK for the zcu111

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/70254659/Creating+Linux+application+targeting+the+RFDC+driver+in+SDK+2018.3

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How to create a linux application that uses BSP libraries.

Jump to solution

Have a look at the wiki here, it shows how to create and debug linux app in SDK for the zcu111

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/70254659/Creating+Linux+application+targeting+the+RFDC+driver+in+SDK+2018.3

0 Kudos