cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sys
Visitor
Visitor

How to make FreeRTOS with Petalinux

Hello I want to create an OpenAMP configuration with zedboard where cpu0 is running PetaLinux and cpu1 is running FreeRTOS.I have followed the ug1186 and completed the petalinux+bare configuration, but I don't know how to make the FreeRTOS running on cpu1 using Petalinux. I didn't find the configuration method in ug1186 , is there any solutions about configuring FreeRTOS in Petalinux? Thanks Yuansong
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jrp
Explorer
Explorer

First up I apologize if this is old news to you...

Re: "how to make the FreeRTOS running on cpu1 using Petalinux"

I am not sure you can do that using PetaLinux.

Re: " OpenAMP configuration with zedboard where cpu0 is running PetaLinux and cpu1 is running FreeRTOS"

To be more clear, OpenAMP is not running two different OS's on tow different processors.

That's just simply running two different OS's on two different processors.

OpenAMP is a combination of remoteproc, rpmsg and virtio libraries. You use them to create a

virtual communications channel between the two different processors... complete with message passing

between the two via the virtual queue, and 'signaling' each other using IPI (Inter Processor Interrupts), etc...

To get FreeRTOS running on the remote processor, try building the FreeRTOS Hello World example using the SDK.

When you get that to build, open up the BSP/PROCESSOR/libsrc folder. In there you should see

a folder named something like freertos901_xilinx_v1_1. Open up that folder. There is your FreeRTOS source code

in all it's glory.

0 Kudos