UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer winston
Observer

How to modify U-boot source in ZCU102 petalinux 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to modify the U-boot source I don't know where it was located in ZCU102 BSP(xilinx-zcu102-2018.1), anyone please help me to modify the U-boot. If someone help to find the source for U-boot its help full for me to do my further process.

Regards

Winston Jacob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to modify U-boot source in ZCU102 petalinux 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hi @winston Jacob

You can make modifications to uboot in either of these ways

1. If you have a uboot patch file of these changes, just add the patch file in, project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/ and update project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-xlnx_%.bbappend 

2. Clone the u-boot-xlnx with 2018.1 tag locally and let petalinux point to this uboot source. Refer this user guide page 91 to know more on this

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @winston Jacob

You can make modifications to uboot in either of these ways

1. If you have a uboot patch file of these changes, just add the patch file in, project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/ and update project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-xlnx_%.bbappend 

2. Clone the u-boot-xlnx with 2018.1 tag locally and let petalinux point to this uboot source. Refer this user guide page 91 to know more on this

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Observer winston
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Shabbir,

Thanks for your suggestion  this is very much use full for me, also I implement that, its work for me.

Regards

Winston Jacob

0 Kudos
Newbie yakoo

Jump to solution

Hi @shabbirk 

I did some modification on u-boot following step1, but failed to compile the project with  Petalinux 2017.4.
The error message is :

build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-xlnx/v2017.01-xilinx-v2017.4+gitAUTOINC+5fa7d2ed06-r0/git/include/configs/platform-auto.h:205:75: warning: backslash and newline separated by space

My u-boot-xlnx_%.bbappend file is:

SRC_URI_append = " file://platform-top.h file://phy_reset.patch"

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

I don't know what's wrong with my project. Can u help me?

Best Regards
Yakoo
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Re: warning: backslash and newline separated by space

-and-

"I don't know what's wrong with my project. Can u help me?"

I have seen this myself more than once. It is from a auto generated file... from them.

I have never found a straight forward way to fix this.

As you can see from your help responses, Xilinx apparently has not either.

It is one of lifes mysteries I suppose that go unsolved?

0 Kudos