Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston
Observer
Observer

How to modify U-boot source in ZCU102 petalinux 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to modify the U-boot source I don't know where it was located in ZCU102 BSP(xilinx-zcu102-2018.1), anyone please help me to modify the U-boot. If someone help to find the source for U-boot its help full for me to do my further process.

Regards

Winston Jacob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shabbirk

Hi @winston Jacob

You can make modifications to uboot in either of these ways

1. If you have a uboot patch file of these changes, just add the patch file in, project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/ and update project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-xlnx_%.bbappend 

2. Clone the u-boot-xlnx with 2018.1 tag locally and let petalinux point to this uboot source. Refer this user guide page 91 to know more on this

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shabbirk

Hi @winston Jacob

You can make modifications to uboot in either of these ways

1. If you have a uboot patch file of these changes, just add the patch file in, project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/ and update project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-xlnx_%.bbappend 

2. Clone the u-boot-xlnx with 2018.1 tag locally and let petalinux point to this uboot source. Refer this user guide page 91 to know more on this

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
winston
Observer
Observer

Hi Shabbir,

Thanks for your suggestion  this is very much use full for me, also I implement that, its work for me.

Regards

Winston Jacob

0 Kudos
yakoo
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @shabbirk 

I did some modification on u-boot following step1, but failed to compile the project with  Petalinux 2017.4.
The error message is :

build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-xlnx/v2017.01-xilinx-v2017.4+gitAUTOINC+5fa7d2ed06-r0/git/include/configs/platform-auto.h:205:75: warning: backslash and newline separated by space

My u-boot-xlnx_%.bbappend file is:

SRC_URI_append = " file://platform-top.h file://phy_reset.patch"

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

I don't know what's wrong with my project. Can u help me?

Best Regards
Yakoo
0 Kudos
jrp
Explorer
Explorer

Re: warning: backslash and newline separated by space

-and-

"I don't know what's wrong with my project. Can u help me?"

I have seen this myself more than once. It is from a auto generated file... from them.

I have never found a straight forward way to fix this.

As you can see from your help responses, Xilinx apparently has not either.

It is one of lifes mysteries I suppose that go unsolved?

0 Kudos