UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to set autoboot in PetaLinux image

Hello, I built a Linux image with the Petalinux tool, with the following u-boot parameters:

console=ttyPS0,115200 earlyprintk uio_pdrv_genirq.of_id=generic-uio clk_ignore_unused root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait sdhci.debug_quirks=64 cpuidle.off=1

the "problem" is that every time I would like to boot the linux image I need to connect to the serial port and type "bootm" as in figure:

Schermata da 2019-09-13 17-42-43.png

there is some parameter to configure the autoboot?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar rfs613
Scholar

Re: How to set autoboot in PetaLinux image

Yes, you can set the "bootcmd" variable (note, you also need "bootdelay", but you likely already have that). Reference: https://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/UBootEnvVariables
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok thank you, it's possible to set these parameters permanently, without re-generating the petalinux image?

0 Kudos
Scholar rfs613
Scholar

Usually you can use "saveenv" command to save these parameters permanenty.

This relies on u-boot having been configured to store the parameters somewhere (such as QSPI flash, EEPROM, etc).

0 Kudos