UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up the FIQ

Hi

Can anyone help me please?

I am trying to write an FIQ driver with petalinux 2014.4. My first step is one that counts timer interrupts so I have looked at lots of sites and come up with the code below. When I use insmod to load my driver the system crashes and I can’t see why.

If anyone can see what I am doing wrong it would be of great help

Thank you

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////// Driver function ///////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#define TIMER_TCSR0    0x42810000       // address of timer 0's control and status register

#define TIMER_TLR0       0x42810004       // address of timer 0's load register

#define TIMER_TCR0       0x42810008       // address of timer 0's counter register

#define LOAD_VAL         0xE2329AFF      

unsigned long *pTIMER_TCSR0;              // pointer to timer 0 control and status register

unsigned long *pTIMER_TLR0;                  // pointer to timer 0 load register

unsigned long *pTIMER_TCR0;                // pointer to timer 0 counter register

static struct fiq_handler fh       = { .name = "drv" };

static int               intcount = 0;

static int __init drv_init(void)

{

:                                               :                                               :

:                                               :                                               :

if (claim_fiq(&fh))

{

printk(KERN_ALERT "claim_fiq failed\n");

}

else

{

printk(KERN_ALERT "claim_fiq OK\n");

}

/* Map timer register addresses and size to pointers */

pTIMER_TCSR0 = ioremap_nocache(TIMER_TCSR0,0x4);     /* map timer 0 control and status register */

pTIMER_TLR0 = ioremap_nocache(TIMER_TLR0,0x4);        /* map timer 0 load register              */

pTIMER_TCR0 = ioremap_nocache(TIMER_TCR0,0x4);     /* map timer 0 count register             */

/* Set up the FIQ reg's */

get_fiq_regs(&fiqregs);

fiqregs.ARM_r8 = &intcount;             /* Load address of Counter*/

fiqregs.ARM_r9 = pTIMER_TCSR0;

set_fiq_regs(&fiqregs);

set_fiq_handler(&fiq, &fiq_end - &fiq);

enable_fiq((28));   /*The FIQ Is PO FIQ number 28  */      

/* Write values to timer registers to set it up */

iowrite32(LOAD_VAL, pTIMER_TLR0);                   /* place load value in load register */

temp = ioread32(pTIMER_TLR0);                          /* debug: read load value to check   */

iowrite32(0x000000B0, pTIMER_TCSR0);            /* load TLR */

iowrite32(0x000000D0, pTIMER_TCSR0);           /* Generate mode,downcounter,reload generate */

/* set interrupt count to 0 */

intcount = 0;                                      

return 0;

}

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////// Assembler function ////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <linux/linkage.h>

#include <asm/assembler.h>

.text

.global fiq

.global fiq_end

ENTRY(fiq)

/* Clear timer IRQ (pTIMER_TCSR0) by oring with T0INT */

LDR r10, [r9];

ORR r10, r10, #0x00000100;

STR r10, [r9];

/* Increment the counter (intcount++) */

LDR r10, [r8];

ADD r10, #1;

STR r10, [r8];

/* Return from the routine */

SUBS pc, lr, #4;

fiq_end:

0 Kudos