Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

How to use HLS-generated IP in a PetaLinux app

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have created an IP using Vivado_HLS and i have integrated it into a Vivado project as shown in the following screenshot:Screenshot from 2018-12-15 16-16-02.png

I have generated the bitstream and i have created a PetaLinux project in which i imported this hw description, and i want now to create a PetaLinux app that sends parameters to my generated-IP and gets the result, is there a step-by-step tutorial that can help me creating a such application ? Thank's ;)

Aziz.

Azs11
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Your HLS block is connected through AXI, so it's mapped into the processor memory (you may have mapped it automatically).

For single word communication (peripheral register access type) you just read/ write the memory positions you choose then do the same in your HLS block.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi @boularesaziz,

You mean to say just do peek poke to IP registers from Linux? 

I'm not clear what you mean by passing parameters to IP from Linux?

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Your HLS block is connected through AXI, so it's mapped into the processor memory (you may have mapped it automatically).

For single word communication (peripheral register access type) you just read/ write the memory positions you choose then do the same in your HLS block.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sandeepg,

thank's for your reply, what i mean by passing parameters to my IP from Linux is to pass my custom data as input to my IP. I found some files in my petalinux project and i think i'll use them in my application, but i don't know how to do that because it's my first experience in Embedded-linux development.

files are located in project_1/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/drivers/typicwave_v1_0/src

Azs11
0 Kudos