Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

IP core for HD-SDI output.

Hello,

I am looking for ip core to support HD-SDI output on Zynq ZC702 board. I found that LogiCORE ip triple-rate SDI can be used?.

Am I  right?, May I please know which hardware should be used since we don't have a on board Transmitter.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The Triple Rate SDI-IP is only available for spartan6 and virtex6.

For Zynq please refer below link for the SMPTE_SDI core which will support HD-SDI.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/SMPTE_SDI.htm

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo satish,

Thanks. Do u know which transceiver is supported with this IP core and ZC702 board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Have a look at the below XAPP for this core implementation on ZYNQ

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1092-smpte-sdi-zynq-gtx-transceivers.pdf

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Satish,

I went through it, but I guess the GTX transciever is not available on ZC702...The design is refrenced to Zynq ZC706...

Thanks.

Regards,

Joshi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

I overlooked that and you are correct the ZC702 part doesn't have any transciever.

You have to go for ZC706 if you need HD-SDI.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

ZC702 do have a GTX transciever at LPC connectors J3 and J4 but, ZC702 doesn't have high speed  I/O ports !!!

Regards,

Joshi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

High speed serio IO and the transceivers are the same.

The device doesn't have any inbuilt transceievers and the connectors have signals as defined below

• FMC #1-LPC connector (0 GTX Transceiver, 68 single-ended or 34 differential user defined signals)
  • FMC #2-LPC connector (0 GTX Transceiver, 68 single-ended or 34 differential user defined signals)

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/EK-Z7-ZC702-G.htm

Also have a look at the below relevant post

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/External-hardware-for-HD-SDI-output-with-ZC702/td-p/358559

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes you are right, the FMC connector from FMC 1(J3) or FMC 2(J4) to XC7Z020 AP SoC U1 doesn't have GTX. www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc702_zvik/ug850-zc702-eval-bd.pdf , pg. 51 explains!.

Thanks and regards,

Joshi

0 Kudos