UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

IRQ polling not possible with petalinux

Jump to solution

Hello,

it's me again :-)

Now i have reached a new dimension in debugging and testing my tiny app. My first Goal was to implement an user mode Interrupt handler on a petalinux image with uio.

Yes, i made some errors... but it is still not working!

It should be possible to make a blocking read with uio to trigger an incomming interrupt. But i'am not able to implement this. After that i tried to poll the IRQ-Status Register to fetch the Interrupt.

It is not working too! I can read and write data via uio into the gpio ip-core and i see the changing values if i read the gpio where the switches are connected to if i'am changing the switches.

So, when i'am able to read and write data from and to the gpio in Linux, why can't i get a changing irq Status, when i'am changing the Switches? (The hardware is independent from Linux, isn't it?)

FYI: The Bare Metal Version works.

init.JPG

polling.JPG

Interrupts.JPG

Has anybody any suggestions?

regards, many thanks, and never ending happiness

deppenkaiser :-)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor