cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is is possible to update configurations after creating project with BSP ?

Jump to solution

Hello There,

I'm working with Petalinux to get Ethernet and USB Host working.

I have a Xilinx.BSP for our custom board and with that BSP if I create Petalinux Project, it works perfectly fine with Ethernet and USB settings. If I create a project  with zynq tempate, with new .hdf file, then I'm not able to get Ethernet and USb working, even if I use the system-user.dtsi with required changes.

Now, I want to do following things - 

1. petalinux-create --type project --source xilinx.bsp --name Test1
  2. cd Test1
  3. petalinux-config --get-hw-description=/home/work/Project1/settings.hdf

Will this update the PL settings and keep Ethernet and USB related settings as it is.???

I'm using MYIR's Z-turn Board, Petalinux 2019.2.

Looking forward to get quick and positive response,

Thanks

Lokesh

Lokesh J.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

HI @lokesh_oepl 

If we build the design with template option, somehow the USB  host mode is not working in Linux . But from u-boot , it is working fine.

Please change the  MACHINE_NAME as zc702 in DTG settings & build like below ,It should work in u-boot & linux.

For your reference:

petalinux-config

DTG Settings  --->(zc702) MACHINE_NAME

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

HI @lokesh_oepl 

If we build the design with template option, somehow the USB  host mode is not working in Linux . But from u-boot , it is working fine.

Please change the  MACHINE_NAME as zc702 in DTG settings & build like below ,It should work in u-boot & linux.

For your reference:

petalinux-config

DTG Settings  --->(zc702) MACHINE_NAME

Thanks & regards

Aravind

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post