UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant subu.rama
Participant

Is there a description of all of petalinux-config options?

UG1144 Petalinux Tools Reference Guide does NOT describe the various options available with petalinux-config.

It would be nice to at least have some references for the various sections shown here.

For ex:  What are the implications of selecting the various dtb image settings? Which is preferred when and why?

dtb_image_settings.png

I am specifically interested in booting from an SD card with the rootfs also being on the SD card.

If I just change Image Packaging Configuration to an SD card and also prepare the SD card with two partitions and copy them as shown, the boot hangs. If this is supposed to work as described, I will post an entire log of the boot session that I get.

There is also a typo on page 64 of UG1144. Step 3 references rootfs.cpio but the command shows extracting rootfs.tar.gz    Is the cpio archive/pax used anymore at all?

Thank you

Subu

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Is there a description of all of petalinux-config options?

HI @subu.rama 

Can you please share the boot logs.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

0 Kudos
Participant subu.rama
Participant

Re: Is there a description of all of petalinux-config options?

Background:

I was following Design 2 example in the Embedded Design Tutorial UG1209 which had no steps to do this SD card boot.

See my post https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Evaluation-Boards/Missing-steps-in-UG1209-Embedded-Design-Tutorial-Design-2/td-p/1014187

Anyway, I repackaged the various files for BOOT.bin and now it boots fine, the Xorg server/tricube app run fine on a DP monitor connected to the ZCU102.

Attached is the boot log. I recreated the partitions on the SD card.

So I am not sure what the issue was.

Either way, there are missing steps for Design 2 in UG1209 as I detailed in the post I have referenced above.

And I would still like to know what, if any, Xilinx  document describes all the petalinux-config options.

Thank you

Subu

0 Kudos