UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jakubon2
Participant

Libusb or USB Device Driver on Xilinx Linux?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there any way how to compile libusb for Xilinx Linux. I've tried to do it for latest libusbx giving me an error that udev is not supported?

http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/libusb-1-0-16-rc10-without-udev-td5711991.html#a5712254

I noticed that there is a USB device driver available under Xilinx Linux. I could possibly step down from libusb to this driver and implement USB control and bulk transfers using this driver, hopefully with not much implementation overhead. Where shall I look for the device driver's documentation, linking and compilation procedures for the final application in SDK? Are there any examples I can take a look at?

Thank you in advance!

Ondrej   

Ondrej
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant jakubon2
Participant

Re: Libusb or USB Device Driver on Xilinx Linux?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I managed to compile and successfully run libusb for/on Zynq ARM Linux by reverting libusbx to version 1.0.15 which solved the issue with udev. I then used static linking via libusb-1.0.a and libusb.h to my source, with options -lusb-1.0 and -lrt.  

I could not link shared library when execution since I did not find ldconfig on the target to update the list of the shared libraries. For the future, any advice on linking shared libraries is appriated.

Thanks,

Ondrej

Ondrej
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Participant jakubon2
Participant

Re: Libusb or USB Device Driver on Xilinx Linux?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I managed to compile and successfully run libusb for/on Zynq ARM Linux by reverting libusbx to version 1.0.15 which solved the issue with udev. I then used static linking via libusb-1.0.a and libusb.h to my source, with options -lusb-1.0 and -lrt.  

I could not link shared library when execution since I did not find ldconfig on the target to update the list of the shared libraries. For the future, any advice on linking shared libraries is appriated.

Thanks,

Ondrej

Ondrej
0 Kudos