UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer silva83
Observer

Linux 2.6 without or with MMU for Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board

Hi,

I built my system on XPS to below Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board. But, I don't know how begin with this implementation. I find some information on web (Petalinux Site), but with there information I don't know what procedure I must take to buitd my kernel linux.

This is, I have some difficulty:

(a) Petalinux give me a window where I can configure my Linux, but this situation is static. Can you give some help how can built a new Linux 2.6 without or with MMU with base on Petalinux!?... A little user guide it would help me!... :)

(b) Petalinux imply that I should use EDK on Linux environment or optionally use a virtual machine or a linux server. I am using a linux server, but on Petalinux site give me low information about this. Can you give some help How can I build an linux aplication and apply it on EDK on windows environment (I am using EDK 10.1)!?...

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer silva83
Observer

Re: Linux 2.6 without or with MMU for Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

First, PetaLinux is uCLinux, not standard Linux.

Secondly, the current stable version of PetaLinux(v0.30_rc1) seems to be the one doesn't support MMU. 

The trail version which has MMU support can be found at http://developer.petalogix.com/wiki/MicroBlazeMMU

Thirdly, to run EDK in Windows and Kernal compile in Linux Server, you can copy the entire EDK directory(after libgen) to Linux directory (such as hardware/user-platform directory) and run petalinux-auto-config.

After the bin file has been generated, copy it back to Windows and download it through XMD:

dow -data image.bin 0xXXXXXXXX

con 0xXXXXXXXX

where 0xXXXXXXX is your DDR Memory address. 

0 Kudos
Observer silva83
Observer

Hello,

At first, I am trying to implement Linux 2.4 without MMU, with you steps, but I don't get obtain serial communication. I configure hyper terminal with the required, but I don't see anything on console window! Can you give me some help with this!?...

Another thing: when you said that I must run petalinux-auto-config, you trying to say I must do make menuconfig, right!?

I don´t understand this!!! I download image.bin, but this thing don't appears on hyper terminal console...

Thanks

0 Kudos