Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Kit

Hi,

I built my system on XPS to below Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board. But, I don't know how begin with this implementation. I find some information on web (Petalinux Site), but with there information I don't know what procedure I must take to buitd my kernel linux.

This is, I have some difficulty:

(a) Petalinux give me a window where I can configure my Linux, but this situation is static. Can you give some help how can built a new Linux 2.6 without or with MMU with base on Petalinux!?... A little user guide it would help me!... :)

(b) Petalinux imply that I should use EDK on Linux environment or optionally use a virtual machine or a linux server. I am using a linux server, but on Petalinux site give me low information about this. Can you give some help How can I build an linux aplication and apply it on EDK on windows environment (I am using EDK 10.1)!?...

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Kit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Kit

You may wish to check out the Avnet Linux for MicroBlaze DVD (http://tinyurl.com/5yowxq).  It is based on the Xilinx Spartan3A1800DSP board, but the instructions in the included tutorial can be adapted to the Spartan3E boards.

As an aside - the S3E500 board is really rather small to try and fit a MicroBlaze system with the MPMC and MMU.  Consider using the  Spartan3E1600 or Spartan3A1800 board instead.

Best Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos