UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer silva83
Observer

Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Kit

Hi,

I built my system on XPS to below Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board. But, I don't know how begin with this implementation. I find some information on web (Petalinux Site), but with there information I don't know what procedure I must take to buitd my kernel linux.

This is, I have some difficulty:

(a) Petalinux give me a window where I can configure my Linux, but this situation is static. Can you give some help how can built a new Linux 2.6 without or with MMU with base on Petalinux!?... A little user guide it would help me!... :)

(b) Petalinux imply that I should use EDK on Linux environment or optionally use a virtual machine or a linux server. I am using a linux server, but on Petalinux site give me low information about this. Can you give some help How can I build an linux aplication and apply it on EDK on windows environment (I am using EDK 10.1)!?...

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer silva83
Observer

Re: Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Kit

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Kit

You may wish to check out the Avnet Linux for MicroBlaze DVD (http://tinyurl.com/5yowxq).  It is based on the Xilinx Spartan3A1800DSP board, but the instructions in the included tutorial can be adapted to the Spartan3E boards.

As an aside - the S3E500 board is really rather small to try and fit a MicroBlaze system with the MPMC and MMU.  Consider using the  Spartan3E1600 or Spartan3A1800 board instead.

Best Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos