UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Linux graphical performance on zynq ultrascale

Hi,

My job is to develop some graphical task that needs fluent camera playback performance on the development board, ZCU104. I'm using 2018.3 xilinx tools(vivado,petalinux)

I can get it working with the petalinux built rootfs, but my task needs to run on the Ubuntu Desktop for arm64 desktop environment because we need some 3rd-party packages like ROS.

I already succeeded launching my customized Ubuntu Desktop with petalinux built kernel. The xfce4 launches with lightdm almost alright.

It's just, the speed, is very very slow. I can playback some 720P video with gstreamer with an extremely low frame rate(about 0.5 fps). And if it helps to mention, It need 10+ minutes of waiting before the lightdm let user input password and login.

I guess it's quite possible that there exist some layers of software for hardware acceleration of Graphic stuff on the embedded system that are not working or misconfigured.

I can see with

lsmod

that the gpu driver mali is already there.

And possible helps to mention that I always get:

libGL error: unable to load driver: xlnx_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: xlnx

when I run Graphic tasks like gstreamer or opencv imshow.

I have posted a thread here, but @ritakur suggests that These errors can be ignored.

I don't know if it is related to the performance issue, but I can run imshow faster on bare Xorg without xfce4.

I haven't got the gstreamer run successfully on bare Xorg.

It took months of efferts to get here from bare-metal board.

As I'm not a professional linux developer who is familiar with linux's graphical systems and conventions, especially for xilinx's zynq ultrascale+ platform. And I work alone on this.

To go forward for more investigation, I need some more information. I think there are very much likely some Graphic-related driver issues need to be solved. I just need to know where to start.

Does xilinx provide any linux graphic software stack guide? Some introduction-type document? 

It's not easy to get precisely matched document from hundreds of items in docnav.

Or someone knows where the problems possibly are located?

Some advice is very much appreciated !

Regards,
Kang
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Linux graphical performance on zynq ultrascale

I am facing with the same problem , did you  solved it ?  can you  help  me?

0 Kudos