Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zc706_user
Visitor
Visitor

Linux with Microblaze on ZC706 Board

Hi all,

I want to build design based on Microblaze, DDR, UART, and some kind of non volatile memory (maybe SD-Card). In this system i want to boot linux on Microblaze without ARM CPU. 

Firstly i read that it is not possible to have access to SD-Card controller from PL, so i decided to have filesystem on DDR. In documentation i found that access from PL to DDR is possible via HP port in Zynq system. So i created design where i have all necessary peripherals ( attached pdf ) such as AXI dual timer, uart exported via EMIO, Microblaze, Zynq etc. I exported .hdf file to build petalinux but in settings there was only PS7 processor but i want to have Microblaze! After that i decided to move to buildroot to build custom kernel for microblaze which finished succesfully. I have also build u-boot and fsbl and packed it to BOOT.bin file and placed on SD-Card but system is not responding via UART. 

My question is it possible to build kernel with petaLinux tool for microblaze on Zynq board. Another question is how to make communication with system ( microblaze ) via UART because i think that solution with EMIO does not work properly.

Thanks for any advice.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zc706_user
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos