cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Loading uboot via TFTP problem

Jump to solution

The main task is to load kernel and other files via TFTP. I have used SD card for BOOT.BIN

I am getting  loading T T T T T and later retry count exceeded. as shown from the attached screenshot.

I am using petalinux 2018.3 and zybo board .

when i do ping 10.0.2.15 the host is alive .

I have also tested weather tftp is working using the same address and it worked .

I have tried to read other related solutions and tested with no success.

please help

Image 1.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Loading uboot via TFTP problem

Jump to solution

The address 10.0.2.15 is the default address that VirtualBox will assign to the guest OS (appears to be Ubuntu in your case),when using the default networking mode (which is "NAT"). In this mode, the guest OS is able to make requests to the host and Internet, and to receive replies to those requests. But external devices (including your Zynq board) are not able to make inbound connections to the 10.0.2.15 address of the guest OS. This is why your TFTP is timing out (as indicated by the "T T T").

If you want to use NAT mode in VirtualBox, you will need to add port-forwarding rules for the services (like TFTP) that you want to expose. Also the Zynq will need to send data to the host PC (windows) rather than to the guest address of 10.0.2.15.

Alternatively, you can switch Virtualbox from NAT mode to Bridged mode. In that mode, your guest OS will obtain an IP address on your subnet, just like the host PC does. The address will not be 10.0.2.15, rather it will be something like 192.168.1.x. You will then use this IP when performing TFTP on your Zynq.

For more details about VirtualBox networking, please refer to https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/UserManual.html#networkingdetails

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Is this your firewall?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

@stephenm

hello

yes it is my firewall

Actually when i was doing the test i first disconnected the wifi.

Later I connected the board via ethernet cable to my PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention that i have installed Ubuntu in virtue machine. I am not sure weather it can also be the source of the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Can you ping the host from your VM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

@stephenm 

i did it . looks okay.

ping.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

The address 10.0.2.15 is the default address that VirtualBox will assign to the guest OS (appears to be Ubuntu in your case),when using the default networking mode (which is "NAT"). In this mode, the guest OS is able to make requests to the host and Internet, and to receive replies to those requests. But external devices (including your Zynq board) are not able to make inbound connections to the 10.0.2.15 address of the guest OS. This is why your TFTP is timing out (as indicated by the "T T T").

If you want to use NAT mode in VirtualBox, you will need to add port-forwarding rules for the services (like TFTP) that you want to expose. Also the Zynq will need to send data to the host PC (windows) rather than to the guest address of 10.0.2.15.

Alternatively, you can switch Virtualbox from NAT mode to Bridged mode. In that mode, your guest OS will obtain an IP address on your subnet, just like the host PC does. The address will not be 10.0.2.15, rather it will be something like 192.168.1.x. You will then use this IP when performing TFTP on your Zynq.

For more details about VirtualBox networking, please refer to https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/UserManual.html#networkingdetails

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

@rfs613  thank you so much . this one has saved me . 

i have swithced from NAT mode to Bridged mode and it has worked perfectly. 

0 Kudos