UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nherve
Visitor

ML402 kernel config : option missing "CFI Flash device PetaLinux AutoConfig"

I am tempting to install petalinux on a Xilinx ML402 board. I am following the "PetaLinux Platform From Scratch" tutorial from page http://developer.petalogix.com/wiki/BoardGuides/Custom/Tutorial but when configuring kernel for "Mapping drivers for chip access" I do not have the option reported on the tutorial : "CFI Flash device PetaLinux AutoConfig" (neither the "Generic uClinux RAM/ROM filesystem support"), so I did use theses options :
[*] CFI Flash device in physical memory map
     (0x88800000) Physical start address of flash mapping
     (0x00800000) Physical length of flash mapping
     (4)   Bank width in octets
(Addresses are those found in the EDK or Kconfig.auto)

All following steps seems ok but at kernel boot I have the following message:
"kobject_add failed for physmap-flash.0 with -EEXIST, don't try to register things with the same name in the same directory."

If I remove the option "CFI Flash device in physical memory map" then I get a
"Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!".

Did I miss something ?

I am using a recent version of the petalinux project (SVN rev 5238, last changed date: 2009-04-26).
Attached the full output of kermit's console and my configuration extracted through the command petalinux-send-configs.

Attached the full output of kermit's console and my configuration
extracted through the command petalinux-send-configs.

Thank you for any help.

Nicolas

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML402 kernel config : option missing "CFI Flash device PetaLinux AutoConfig"

You should probably post this to a petalogix list instead since it's pretty specific.  I don't have experience in that area.
0 Kudos