UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor luklem
Visitor

ML605 MicroBlaze AXI design ICAP usage in Linux

Hello!

I've configured a MicroBlaze system in XPS 13.1. This configuration contains a MicroBlaze version 8.10a and some default pheripherals. The system boots and I'm able to launch my Linux configuration. 

This all works fine. But when I add the axi_hwicap device in my XPS configuration and enable the CONFIG_XILINX_HWICAP=y in the Linux configuration no /dev/icap0 pops up. There is also no trace of the ICAP device in /proc or /sys. 

Doe anyone know what could be the couse of this? Has anyone successfully used the Linux ICAP driver in the AXI MicroBlaze configuration? 

Thank you in advance,

Luke

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 MicroBlaze AXI design ICAP usage in Linux

That driver might have slipped thru the cracks for AXI as it's been a low priority driver for a long time.  No one that I know of has done anything with it on AXI, but I'll ask around a bit.

Sorry.

0 Kudos
Visitor luklem
Visitor

Ok, thank you! 

0 Kudos
Visitor luklem
Visitor

Do you have any idea how much work it will be to transform the driver to Axi instead of Plb? What are major differences between the two implementations? What should I take into account. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

There was a recent update to Xilinx Linux in GIT. Was there any updates to ICAP driver for AXI based systems ?

0 Kudos