UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer peter.kuchnio
Observer

Mailbox driver

Hi, is there a mailbox driver available for petalinux? When I look in the master and master-next branch on github I don't see a mailbox-xilinx.c, only mailbox-altera.c ...

I found a commit of mailbox-xilinx.c online (https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/7/6/712) but I don't see this file in the xilinx git repo. I tried using the code from the above link but it fails on modprobe. The error is:

'unknown symbol mutex_lock_nested (err 0)'

Currently Petalinux is using the xlnx 3.19 kernel. The linked source references linux/mailbox_controller.h which doesn't seem to exist in 3.19 so that's likely one of possibly many problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer moritz_fischer
Observer

Re: Mailbox driver

Hi,

I haven't tried on 3.19 ... do you run into issues applying the patches to master-next? The v7 rebased fairly easy against torvalds/master when I just tried  (merge conflicts were just Makefile / Kconfig).

Michal & Soeren already ack'd the patch, but Jassi had some comments that I didn't get around to address.

Give it a shot with master-next and let me know if you run into trouble. I think the clock handling still needs some work. I might find some time to pick it up again over christmas, no promises though.

0 Kudos